Zhenghua has a set of school rules that our students must adhere to. These rules are set to instill a sense of responsibility, courtesy and pride in our pupils.
Attendance and Punctuality
- All Singaporean Citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the Pledge. Students will take the Pledge with the right fist over the heart.
- Students will be present and punctual for all school and all organized activities. Students must be punctual for flag-raising which commences at 7.30 a.m.
- Students must not leave the school premises before they are dismissed for the day without permission from the teachers. Parents/ Guardians must personally sign the child out for early dismissal situations.
- Students will walk quietly and in an orderly manner from point to point.
- Students must show respect to others at all times. This includes respecting the residents in the neighbourhood.
- Students must complete and hand in assignments on time and with pride.
- Students are not allowed to have in their possession any weapon. They are also not allowed to bring any weapon-like item which is used or intended to be used to cause harm to others.
- Students must be honest at all times. They must not steal, cheat or forge signatures.
- Students must switch off their mobile phones during all school activities. They can only use their mobile phones in the canteen and lobby after school hours.
- Students must not frighten, threaten or bully others online or offline.
- Students must use social media responsibly. They must respect other users and adhere to netiquette. All students under 13 are not allowed to set up their own Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or Tumblr accounts. If family members have set up any of these social media accounts, parents’ supervision is necessary.
- Students are not allowed to use motorized or non-motorized modes of transport (e.g. scooters, skateboards, hover boards, unicycle) within the school compound.
- Students should not engage in buying or selling of things either online or in person to schoolmates
Attire & Appearance
- Students must wear the prescribed school uniform. Modifications to the uniform are not allowed. Refer to the attached photo.
- Students must be neat and tidy. Hair must not be coloured.
- Students must be in the prescribed PE and CCA attire at the correct times.
- The length of fringe must not go beyond the eyebrows.
- Girls with long hair are expected to have their hair tied.
- Only black or green hair accessories (e.g. hair band, hair pins / clips) are allowed.
- Multiple piercings are strictly forbidden.
- Only small and simple ear studs are allowed.
- The school skirts should be at knee length.
- Hair must be kept short and neat. Boys must maintain a clean shaven face. Moustache, beard and long sideburns are not permitted.
- Hair must not cover the forehead, touch the eyebrows or shirt collar. The fringe must not touch the eyebrows when it is combed down. Hair at the back of the head must be sloped.
- Outlandish hairstyles (e.g. layered, shaved, spiky) are not allowed.
- Students must throw all litter into the bins provided.
- Students must keep the toilets clean.
- Students must eat or drink only in the school canteen during morning and afternoon recesses.
- Students must not vandalize school property.
Guidelines for Parents
Parents: Parents should write to seek school leaders’ permission at least one week in advance should the child need to be excused due to official commitments such as external competitions and exams. Parents should submit a medical certificate or a note if the child is absent from school.
It is permissible for students to bring their mobile phones to school. Students are fully responsible for their mobile phones and these must be in their possession at all times. The school will not be held liable for any loss or damage.
Mobile phones are to be switched off and not be placed in silent or vibration mode during curriculum time. There should be no disruption to any lesson.
After curriculum hours, the only places in school where mobile phones can be used are the canteen, lobby and at Gates 1, 2 and 3.
Use of the mobile phone is restricted only to important matters, such as calls to parents to confirm pickup.
Use of the camera function of the mobile phone is strictly prohibited within the school compound.
In accordance with National Examination rules, students are not allowed to bring their mobile phones or any other electronic equipment during the examination period.
The mobile phone will be confiscated if the above regulations are not adhered to and will only be returned to parents in school. Repeated offence may render this privilege of carrying mobile phone to school withdrawn from the student.
ZERO TOLERANCE TO BULLYING
Every child has the right to feel safe and secure. Bullying is a hurtful behavior that undermines this right and hinders effective learning and healthy development. It involves repeated or persistent behaviours (e.g. hurting, frightening or intimidating others) intended to cause hurt, distress or humiliation. Bullying is a complex issue and it can be physical, verbal or social in nature.
The school takes a serious stand against bullying. All students who bully will be dealt with in accordance to the Discipline Policy. Students are to report such incidents to their teachers. We urge parents to monitor your children closely and inform the school if there are signs of bullying.
What does zero tolerance mean?
Immediate action will be taken by our teacher for ALL acts of bullying, no matter how big or small.
Teacher will inform parent that his/her child was bullied. (victim)
Teacher will inform parent that his/her child bullied. (bully)
Teacher will mete out consequence to the ‘bully’ – detention (refer to Discipline Policy) and conduct grade awarded will be ‘Fair’.